To configure Early watch alert some specific settings are to be done at managing system (Solution manager system) and satellite system (or managed system – for which EWA report to be generated)
Below are the steps to configure EWA in a satellite system:
1) Check whether ST-A, ST-PI, ST-A/PI packages are latest in the satellite system (Login to satellite system->system->status -> Component information display in any sap screen)
2) If they are installed, run RTCCTOOL report through SE38 in satellite system.
Check the output of the report. If there are some errors or warnings in the output of the report, please take corrective actions and run the report again and ensure there are no errors
3) Setup RFC connection between your satellite system and the Solman system and vice versa from Solman to satellite system using SM59.
4) Check whether your satellite system is existing in solman system using SMSY. If not then setup satellite system. Also check whether your satellite system is added in any of the existing solutions using solman_setup tcode in solman system. (Use SOLMAN_ADMIN user for doing any setup in solman system)
5) Make sure SLD is configured and working fine for satellite system (using RZ70 and SLDCHECK transactions)
6) Activation of SDCCN in satellite system (Goto SDCCN transaction. Then click on Utilities -> Activate) then confirm for SDCC_OSS destination creation
7) In satellite system, goto SDCCN transaction and navigate to Goto -> Settings -> Task specific.
In the resulted screen, select RFC destination and provide the solution manager RFC from the satellite system and set solution manager RFC as the master system.
8) Addition of satellite system in solution manager system in SDCCN :
Goto SMSY transaction in solman system and then navigate to Environment -> Solution Manager Operations -> Adminstration SDCCN to add the new service data control centre to the solution manager.
Click on add system button to add the new SDCC to the solution manager. When prompted, please select the respective system and client from the resulting screen and confirm
9) Early watch service session activation for satellite system:
In the solution manager system, execute transaction code sm_workcenter and navigate to tab SAP Solution Manager: Configuration -> Earlywatch Alert Management. Check whether the system for which you are adding the EWA report is added in solution or not through Solution Maintenance tab on Check Prerequisite screen. Otherwise add the system in the solution.
10) Go to Activate EWA tab and check the active tab on that screen, also set the day of week for which you want the report to run.Check the software component level which we checked in 1st step and make sure it is green. Add the recipients and configure EWA content.
11) Login to satellite system, goto transaction code SDCCN and press create button which displays a screen to select a task to be executed. Select request session data task and click continue. You will be prompted to enter the schedule time to run the report. Click now to execute it immediately. After that you can see an early watch session running in SDCCN.
13) After completion of this session run successfully, an Earlywatch Alert will be generated and this can be viewed in sm_workcenter of Solman system.
For more such Solman configurations and basis related articles stay connected to GeekPandit. 🙂